Where is the Scariest Place YOU have ever visited?

From the blog of Kurt Schuett:

As a literature teacher, I spend a lot of time discussing setting with my students. Setting serves so many important functions, including but not limited to: the establishment of mood; the portrayal of tone; the fortification of certain literary devices/elements like conflict, foreshadowing, and irony, etc.

Setting provides a unique attraction to readers of all kinds, but I feel there is a special connection to fans of HORROR. And being a writer, I’m always looking for awe-inspiring settings to include in the stories I write.

Where is the SCARIEST place you have ever physically visited and why?

Please be as thorough and descriptive as you can be, and personal anecdotes are always welcome. THIS BLOG POST will be used to determine January’s Monthly Blog Winner. The winner will receive his/her choice of “Zombies Ate Chicago” or “A Zombie Ate My Homework” T-shirt (sizes small-2XL). Thank you for participating.

Once again, WHERE IS THE SCARIEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER VISITED AND WHY?

Visit HERE to post your answer (and see mine!)