Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise by Better Hero Army

Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise
by Better Hero Army

Reviewed by Felecia Bailey

Genre: Zombie, Western

I recently started reading zombie books and was not sure what to expect. I was definitely in a for a pleasant surprise with Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise.

This book tells the story (or should I say views) of 6 outlaws searching for a former friend turned thief that stole their jewels. They get a bit more than they bargained for when they stop in a small town where they believe he may be. Instead they find the town is filled with zombies. Almost from the moment they get to town until the sun comes up, they must fight to stay alive.

Now, I don't want to give too much away and spoil it for you. BUT, I really enjoyed that the book wasn't told from just the gang's perspective. Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise gave us more than a single point of view. Which only made it more realistic...more believable.

I may be more of a love story zombie-girl than a shoot em up zombie-girl, but that did nothing to impact how much I enjoyed Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise! This book is a must read for any fan of action plus old time Wild Westerns. As I read, I wasn't sure what to expect next, which added much excitement to every chapter. Five stars well earned from this reviewer. I would definitely read more from this author and will be headed over to Amazon pick out my next read!

About the Reviewer:

Felecia Bailey is an LPN and student, currently studying to her RN degree. She enjoys reading and spending time with her family. She also enjoys fast cars and motorcycles.

The Bookie Monster's Rating:

Six mangy desperados, a beautiful woman, a deaf girl, a stash of rubies, and a horde of zombies. In the nine hours until sunrise, Ben and his gang discover the horrific secrets of a seemingly deserted town they find while looking for the man who betrayed them all. Nine Hours 'Till Sunrise is a fast-paced, western-style zombie thriller.

Releasing a book is like getting a tattoo. The only real difference is that, depending on where your tat is located, you can cover it up for a job interview. When I wrote my debut novel, Plagued: The Midamerica Zombie Half-Breed Experiment, I had the feeling of dread that I was about to get the word "zombie" inked around my neck, up to my chin and ears, in big, bold letters. Unless high collars came back into fashion, there'd be no hiding it from my other genre readership.

That was the motivating factor behind my development of a pen name for my writings in the genres of science-fiction, fantasy, and, especially, zombie thrillers. Like all writers, I suffer from a deep concern that my material sucks. And, like all writers, I suffer from an inflated ego that gives me wild dreams of unbridled success. The reality is that I'm somewhere in the middle, and the realist in me had words with the writer in me to convince me that, if I failed miserably, I should do the smart thing and get a temporary tattoo.

A Really Awesome, Cool Looking Temporary Tattoo

I wanted something marketable and memorable instead of just a made up pseudonym, but at the same time I didn't want it to sound corporate. So I turned to my roots as a musician and thought how cool would it be to be the front man of a band? A really awesome tattoo band. So using a random band name generator website, I compiled a list of several dozen really good names, eventually merging them into Better Hero Army.

Doing it right

Being Better Hero Army changed my way of thinking about the project. The name itself is lofty, it demands greatness. Everything about it needs to be quality. No sloppy tattoo from a drunk inker charging $50 in a dive shop outside of Brooklyn - not that I'm saying Matt can't ink with the best of them, you just need to catch him sober.

The Better Hero Army Pledge

I made up a pledge: to produce well-crafted stories of high adventure in numerous genres, to deliver exceptional quality, and to entertain.
  1. Well-crafted stories come from being a craftsman. I've spent over twenty years writing stories in various genres. This is not a pass-time for me, or a get-rich-quick scheme, but instead a way of life. Like being in the army itself.
  2. Exceptional quality only comes from peer review and constant revision. Better Hero Army stories take the long road to production.
  3. Entertainment is the only reason we read. If Better Hero Army stories aren't as good as, or better than, a movie or television show, the label is doomed to failure.


Stalk this author:
Website: www.betterheroarmy.com 
Length: 216 Pages
Published by: Better Hero Army
Publication Date: November 3rd 2013

Where to Buy:
Amazon
Goodreads
Barnes &  Noble