Zombie Fallout 2 by Mark Tufo

A Plague Upon Your Family: Zombie Fallout, Book 2
by Mark Tufo
336 Pages
Published by CreateSpace, September 29. 2010
Genre: Horror, Zombies, Humor

Reviewed by Paul (The Audiobook Reviewer)

The Talbots are evacuating their home amidst a zombie apocalypse. Mankind is on the edge of extinction as a new dominant, mindless opponent scours the landscape in search of food, which just so happens to be noninfected humans. This book follows the journey of Michael Talbot; his wife Tracy; and their three kids, Nicole, Justin, and Travis. Accompanying them are Brendon, Nicole's fiancé and former Wal-Mart door greeter, and Tommy, who may be more than he seems. Together they struggle against a ruthless, relentless enemy that has singled them out above all others.

The Talbots have escaped Little Turtle, but to what end? For, on the run, they find themselves encountering a far vaster evil than the one that has already beset them. As they travel across the war-torn countryside they soon learn that there are more than just zombies to be fearful of: With law and order a long-distant memory, some humans have decided to take any and all matters into their own hands. Can the Talbots come through unscathed, or will they suffer the fate of so many countless millions before them?

It's not just brains versus brain-eaters anymore. And the stakes may be higher than merely life and death, with eternal souls on the line.

I was having one of those days where nothing in my library or queue sounded like a good listen. Listening to one audio book for 5 minutes then switching again, and again, and again. I was in a real mood. I wanted violence, mayhem and the undead. Having just finished Zombie Fallout: Zombie Fallout, Book 1 I chose to continue may journey with the Talbots and hear what trouble Michael has gotten in to and probably out of by the skin of his teeth. I also want to get my review out before the super human over at the Guilded Earlobe as he has already beat me to the punch with a few others ;).

I really wanted to enjoy A Plague Upon Your Family: Zombie Fallout, Book 2 just as much as the first book. I didn't, simply because this was one of those stories that has to be told but not much really happens. This audio book is a must listen for anyone that has already listened to Zombie Fallout: Zombie Fallout, Book 1 and wants to continue on down the dark and comical path with the Talbot's. A Plague Upon Your Family: Zombie Fallout, Book 2 wasn't the book I was looking for but Tufo had me hooked right in the beginning and I had to keep listening the bumblings of Micheal. Because of the cliff hanger ending this book made me need to listen to the third book in the series, needing to know what happens. As I was entertained with this audio book, and I would recommend to any Zombie Fallout fan, it did not live up to my sometimes unattainable expectations. I will be listening to the third book soon.

It is always tough to pick up a new book in a series and have to get used to a new narrator. Tandor Audio was smart by keeping Sean Runnette as the narrator. I will always applaud this. This time around I was ready, accepting and needing to hear Runnette's narration and I was comforted with the familiarity. Runnette brings Michael Talbot to life in a way that I think few could, making all of Talbots idiocy seem plausible. I was browsing some audio book new releases saw Runnette's name and almost bought it right there, I did however place it in my wish list.

Review originally published at http://audiobookreviewer.com


About the Reviewer:

Paul was sucked in to the world of audio books not necessarily by choice but by necessity . One day at work he needed something to stimulate his brain will toiling away in front of my 3 computer screens. He tried music but that gave him a headache after a while. Then he had an epiphany, “I should listen to audio books”, he thought. And there the journey began. 

Paul is not a professional writer or reviewer or book critique. He is a self proclaimed simple man from the Midwest of America that likes to speak his mind and often has trouble writing about what is on his mind. Find more reviews at http://audiobookreviewer.com

You might also like: