- Best Indie Books: 100 Days in Deadland by Rachel Aukes
- Best Dark Urban Fantasy: Ever After by Kim Harrison
- Best Young Adult: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
The issue also mentions some great books that became movies.
- The Mist by Stephen King (page 85)
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy (page 84)
- The Shining by Stephen King (page 85)
- The Hunger Games, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Special congrats go out to a well deserving Rachel Aukes. Not only is her work pretty damn high on my list of favorite reads, but she's a breathe of fresh air to interact with. Make sure you check her out if you haven't yet.