Demise of the Living by Iain McKinnon



The world is infected. The dead are reanimating and attacking the living. In a city being overrun with ravenous corpses people find safety where they can. A disparate group of strangers drawn together by chance seek sanctuary from the carnage outside in an empty office block. Besieged by an army of walking dead and with little hope of rescue the group must learn to work together if they are going to survive. But for how long can the barricades hold back the ever increasing hordes of undead? How long before the food runs out? How long before those who were bitten succumb to the infection? And how long before they realise that the dead outside are the least of their fears?


Demise of the Living, book 3 of The Dead series is a outstanding tale of horror and survival. I couldn't put this page turner down, and am still chomping at the bit for more. While part of a series, Demise of the Living is a stand alone book linked to the others by an outbreak of zombies. Creating a sanctuary for themselves in an office building, survivors must face impending death from both inside and outside their walls. 

This is the perfect zombie book for my sick and twisted mind. More than once I caught myself jumping at little noises and peeking into the dark to make sure nothing was there. I have read and reviewed ten books in the past two weeks, and while I loved several of them, I absolutely lusted after Demise of the Living the minute I began reading. Iain McKinnon puts his Psych degree to good use in his latest release.  

A unique, refreshing story for zombie fans, Demise of the Living is a skillfully crafted piece of art with the perfect balance of gore, violence, and primitive human nature. A schoolteacher struggling to do right by everyone, a mother who will ensure the safety of her children at all costs, a maintenance worker who will stop at nothing to save his own skin; these are just a handful of the compelling survivors to grace the pages of Demise of the Living 

At one point, I was so floored by the read, that I had to stop and tweet a demand that all my followers go buy the book. I won't spoil the ending for readers, but let me just say I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! I implore you, do not pass on this book. Demise of the Living is a must have book for your shelves.
 
If you would like to pick up a copy on Amazon, click on the above book jacket.  




You might also like: